A mission statement


Hello, and welcome to My Kitchen and I. Every year I choose a cuisine to explore. This year, it's the year of the Snake! And I'll be continuing to cook mostly Asian foods, particularly Chinese dishes. Have I finally found the best cuisine in the world? Come explore and cook with me and let's find out. Please feel free to share your stories and comment on anything you see here, and thanks so much for visiting. Hope you enjoy the Year of the Snake in food!

Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Shredded sesame chicken — the ultimate brain food

This month's #letslunch theme is sports snacks. I'm not really all that into your typical sporting events, but I do like a good trivia night with friends.

Not that I'm any good at trivia ...

I'm definitely not.

I am however good at providing brain food, and this recipe is the perfect brain food ...





Not only is it reasonably healthy, and quite quite tasty for finger food, it's substantial enough to be a main dinner course.

I suppose it's even perfect snack food for any sporting event ...

If you insist.

The recipe is from one of my favorite cookbooks, The Frugal Gourmet Cooks Three Ancient Cuisines.

Shredded Sesame Chicken

1 cooked chicken, deboned
2 1/2 T tahini (peanut butter works too)
1 T sesame oil
2 T soy sauce
1 T vinegar
1 tsp ginger
2 cloves minced garlic
hot pepper oil

To make this, you simply boil a chicken and shred the cooked meat.

Mix all the other ingredients together and add to the shredded chicken. Sprinkle with some chopped green onions and black sesame seeds.


Serve it on some sesame rice crackers like this:

I told you it was easy didn't I? Now just try not eating it all before the party ...




#LetsLunch is a digital monthly meet up of food bloggers and writers. Check out other posts from around the web here or on the hashtag #LetsLunch.
Cheryl's Mongolian Buuz at A Tiger in the Kitchen


Annabelle‘s Idiazabal and Black Pepper Gougeres at Glass of Fancy
Emma‘s Korean and Curry Wings at Dreaming of Pots and Pans
Grace‘s Taiwanese Beef Sliders at HapaMama
Jill‘s Spiced Pecans at Eating My Words
Karen‘s Sporting Eats at GeoFooding
Linda‘s Trio of Salsas from Oaxaca at Spicebox Travels
Lisa‘s Sausage Rolls at Monday Morning Cooking Club
Lucy‘s Crabcakes with Chipotle Mayo and Citrus Salad at A Cook and Her Books
Rashda‘s Finger Lickin’ Good Curried Ribs at Hot Curries & Cold Beer
Sonja‘s Sticky Ginger Beer Chicken Wings at Foodnutzz

4 comments:

  1. Sesame is one of my can't-get-enough-of flavors. And I have that cookbook around here somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. neural plasticity
    - Zengar.com is an Industry Leader in Healthy Brain Workout, Fitness Program, Neurofeedback for ADHD, Brain Exercises, Neurocare, PTSD Disorder and Biofeedback Systems."/>

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly did not realize that. Learnt something new right now! Thanks for that. 먹튀검증

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!